Saturday, July 30, 2011

Library Website

There are just so many important things to include on a webpage that I found it very difficult to pick just five. 

All websites should include their name, address, phone number and hours as a general rule.  So of course that is the top priority.  I also think that a link to the school webpage or vise versa is also a priority. 

Up at the top of the list is the grade/age approriate search engines and the on-line databases which are important for easy access to followers.  My favorite is the recommended reading lists for reading levels and the online tools to help with research.  I also feel that there should be a link for teacher resources so they know what is available to them.  Let us not forget to include the new materials list so everyone knows what is available to them.  I also like the idea of including a link for webquests and learning games to help reinforce the students learning in a fun way.  This might just get more students and parents to access the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment